2015 IN FIGURES
AGGREGATE GROUP SALES(1)
(1) Aggregate Group sales: following the announcement of the exclusive negotiations with Boehringer Ingelheim on the sale of the Animal Health activity, the net income of the Animal Health activity (Merial) is presented on a separate line. Net income of the Animal Health activity intended to be exchanged in the consolidated income statement, in accordance with the IFRS 5 standard. As a result, the sales figure presented in the Group’s consolidated income statement does not include sales for the Animal Health activity. Until the completion of the transaction in the fourth quarter of 2016 (as per the terms of the signature of final agreements and the acquisition of regulatory approvals), Sanofi will continue to monitor and present the performance at Group level of the Animal Health activity, which remains an operational sector, in compliance with the IFRS 8 standard. In the analysis of the performance of fiscal year 2015, Sanofi comments on the aggregated sales grouping together sales (presented in the consolidated income statement) and sales of the Animal Health Activity.
+9.7% 2014/2015 variation(2)(2) Published growth. At constant exchange rates, 2015 sales increased by +2.2%, net income of activities fell by 0.9%, net earnings per share remained stable.
NET INCOME OF ACTIVITIES(3)
(3) See the definition of financial indicators in the press release dated February 9, 2016.
+7.7% 2014/2015 variation(2)
AGGREGATE GROUP SALES(1) PER GEOGRAPHIC AREA
|UNITED STATES||36.2%||€13,406 M|
(4) Western Europe: France, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Ireland, Finland, Norway, Iceland and Denmark.
|EMERGING COUNTRIES (5)
(5) Emerging countries: world excluding United States, Canada, Western Europe, Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand.
|REST OF THE WORLD(6)
(6) Rest of the world: Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand.